Welcome to the path of the iOS. Like any path, this one is populated by people from all levels of skill, understanding and experience. Here you will find the resources and guidance to help you follow your own path to iOS enlightenment.
With time, this guide will expand as my own path is followed.
Here are some resources to begin (more to come):
Getting Started With Programming:
- Instant Hacking -This is where I got started learning the programming fundamentals. Still very relevant and extremely beginner-friendly.
- Cocoa Dev Central: Learn C and Learn Objective-C -Fantastic intro to C programming.
- Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running: Foundations of Mac, iPhone, and iPod Touch Programming (book) -Probably the best intro to iOS dev that I have seen yet. (by the author of Cocoa Dev Central)
Getting Started With iOS:
- Getting started with iOS development: thoughts and links my own intro to iOS development
- Introduction to iPhone SDK Development -Mark Hammonds from MobileTuts
- Apple iOS Developer Resources
- Apple’s “iOS Application Programming Guide”
- Apple’s “iPad Programming Guide”
- Apple’s iOS HIG (Human Interace Guidelines)
- Apple’s “Learning Objective-C: A Primer”
Do you have some enlightenment that you could share?