So the first ever iOS 101 Developer’s Conference has come to an end. For those of you who were in attendance, I’ll be posting the links and snippets that I promised. For those who were not in attendance, I will also be posting the links and snippets that I promised. So it’s win-win I think!
In you didn’t get to make it, here’s a brief summary of what we went over:
Day 1– I talked about the iOS market, networking with other developers, and some C programming fundamentals.
We followed the tutorial and examples at Cocoa Dev Central.
Day 2 – We dove into XCode, Interface Builder (IB), and got into a hands-on calculator app.
We followed (mostly) the tutorial at Chris-Software.com, adding some personal flair and making some modernizations.
Some links to read/follow are:
- The Mobile Tuts+ iOS Tutorials – Like it says, tutorials for iOS development
- Learn Objective-C – Getting started and up to speed with Objective-C
- iPhone SDK: Interface Builder Basic Training – Getting started with Interface Builder
- Chris-Software Dev Center – Tutorials and articles about iOS development and practices
- iCodeBlog – Tutorials for iOS development from basic to advanced
- Cocoa Dev Central – Tutorials for Cocoa and iOS
I’ll have more links and resources coming up later, but those should be a good start for beginning iOS development (and some advanced stuff too).
As always, you can get a hold of me on Twitter @beninati, or I love feedback in the comments as well!